Members are offered a wide range of programs:
- Professional Development Events: luncheon meetings, seminars and webcasts
- Publications: Public Relations Tactics, for all practitioners, and The Strategist, for senior-level practitioners
- Career Assistance: job bank, classified ads and links to public relations resources
- Networking: social and professional development events, committee participation, contacts with other chapters and special interest groups
- Research Resources: industry trends, research findings, award-winning campaigns, ideas exchange
- Directories: industry resources, members, PR firms, other chapters, institutions of higher education
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR): resources to prepare you for the accreditation exam
- Recognition of your accomplishments through our annual awards program, the Influence Awards
- Special Services: special rates on car rentals and air freight, discounts on selected wire services and business insurance
How to Join
To be a member of any chapter, you must be a member of the Public Relations Society of America. To make it easy, you can join both the national association and the PRSA CCC at the same time!
You can apply for membership by visiting www.prsa.org and completing the membership application. Be sure to select membership for the California Capital Chapter on the application form.
Once you complete the form, you can submit online with your dues payment. Our annual chapter dues are $50 in addition to national dues, which are $267. For new PRSA members, there is also a $65 one-time initiation fee.