Associate Director of Media Relations and Strategic Communications
California Primary Care Association
Salary Range: $76,729 + Excellent benefits
Recruitment Closes: Until filled.
Support the California Primary Care Association’s strategic communications efforts in the areas of member engagement, programs and services, policy and government affairs, among others. Key areas of work will include external communications, media relations, content development and copyediting.
- Support the Association with proactive media relations, which includes media pitching, writing, research, preparing spokespeople, building relationships with statewide media and the development of press releases, opinion articles, letters to the editor, and other media-facing materials.
- Provide the Association with strategic communications support, which may include the development of audience-specific messaging, talking points, collateral and crisis communication plans.
- Support the Association with internal and external communication development, which may include e-communications, newsletters, blogs, vlogs, podcasts, videos, publications, and other copywriting.
- Support the advocacy strategy of the Association and its affiliate organization, CaliforniaHealth+ Advocates, which seeks to influence state and federal public policy through the mobilization of community health centers advocates.
- Provide support to our health center members and regional consortia partners to strengthen statewide communication efforts.
- Coordinate information including compiling and editing articles for updates, posting updates and information on our website and other communications platforms.
- Provide ongoing communication support to the Association’s senior leadership, which may include the development of correspondence, speech writing, presentations, fact sheets, and visuals.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing and the Senior Coordinator of Social Media to coordinate communications efforts and influence the Association’s overall communications strategy.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum five years program or project management, or equivalent experience. Experience with community health centers, member-driven associations or non-profit organizations is also preferred. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
To Apply: Submit cover letter indicating where you heard about this position, resume, and professional references in MS Word format to email@example.com or FAX 916-440-8172.